Let me ask you this. Do you try and be that good person at night and wash your makeup off before you go to bed? I know I do but I don’t do it without a little bit of dread because I just want to crawl up in my bed and snooze the night away. If I let that dread totally creep in and take over, then without a doubt the next morning I wake up feeling like a totally gross oil slick with tons of new breakouts. And just like that my day is ruined! In an effort to start each new day off on the right foot I take my makeup off every single night no matter the time or how insanely tired I am. There have been times where I’ve dozed off as I’m taking my makeup off…not a shining moment. Anyway, as annoying as it is to take your makeup off it’s very important! If you’re not convinced, let me convince you in 8 quick reasons. Ready? Hold on to your hats, I’m going to blow your mind.
- Leaving your makeup on can lead to dry skin due to the makeup clogging up your pores and not giving it that chance to breathe.
- Speaking of pores, it creates large, dirty pores because of all the dirt and makeup buildup. Therefore, your skin cannot ‘self-clean’ itself for lack of a better term.
- You’ve been wearing your makeup all day and it has definitely picked up excess dirt and other nasty things that get locked in along with the makeup leading to skin irritation.
- As I’ve said before, it can lead to increased breakouts!
- This is more to do with your eye makeup being left on but it can certainly cause eye irritation.
- No matter the type of makeup you use it is bound to have some sort of chemicals that should not be kept on your face for lengthy amounts of time
- Pillow stains! Need I say more? As if laundry isn’t hard enough, let’s add some impossible makeup stains.
- It. Can. Cause. Your. Skin. To. Age. Very. RAPIDLY!!! Wrinkles, what wrinkles? I wash my face at night!
Let’s start a new trend, letting our skin breathe! If you don’t already wash your makeup off before going to bed, give it a week and I promise you are going to see such tremendous changes in how your skin feels/looks! And if I’m wrong and you don’t feel any different/better then I give you full permission to tell me ‘I told you so.’ But, I don’t think you will!