Want to be #eyelinergamestrong? We all do! Even if eyeliner isn’t your go-to look for everyday here are a few quick tips and tricks to help you out when you want to achieve that killer liner look! We all have to start out in the panda and raccoon stages but we don’t have to stay there forever. Take it from an ex-panda… these tricks really work!
4 Simple Tips & Tricks:
- Wear an eyeshadow primer
- We’ve all been there one time or another. You put your liner on in the morning and you’re looking fierce. By the time lunch rolls around your liner is cracked and flaking off. Little tiny chunks are missing and you went from looking like Beyoncé to a sad clown. Applying an eyeshadow primer before lining your eyes will help the longevity of your liner. A primer will create a barrier between the oil that forms on your lids throughout the day and your eyeliner. The oil from your lids is what breaks down your liner causing it to flake and chunk off. Apply the primer, set it with a powder or eyeshadow and then line your eyes. You don’t need to only wear eyeshadow primer for eyeshadow!
- My favorite: High-end: MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: ($22)
- Drugstore: Wet n Wild Picture Perfect Eyeshadow Primer: ($4.69)
- Set your liquid liner with black shadow for it to last longer
- Still not satisfied with the eye primer? That’s fine! I have another trick up my sleeve. Black eyeshadow. Apply your eyeliner as you normally would and then with a small angled brush take your black shadow and go over the line you just created. The eyeshadow will set the liner in place and not only will it be darker but it’s going to help it from smudging and smearing all over your face. I really suggest this tip if you wear eyeliner on your waterline. Personally, I think if you’re going to wear liner on your waterline you should reach for a gel or waterproof liner so you don’t slowly turn in to a raccoon as the day goes on. That was my entire 13th,14th & 15th years of life—you’re not alone! I fully embraced the raccoon. Everyone’s eyes water at one point or another throughout the day. Waterline eyeliner is just the most noticeable once that begins to happen.
- My favorite: High-end: Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eyeliner ($25)
- Drugstore: Essence Gel Eye Pencil Waterproof ($2.99)
- When in doubt, tape it out
- Winged liner. Two simple words that when said together can evoke fear in even the strongest person’s body. Have no fear though! I have a quick and easy solution. Scotch Tape. Take a little piece of tape and place it on the back of your hand. Take the tape on and off of your hand a few times so that the stickiness subsides a decent amount. You don’t want to place tape near your eyes when it’s really sticky. It’ll be way too harsh on the delicate skin around your eyes with all that tugging and pulling. Once the tape is not as sticky, place it along your lower lash line slanted up towards your top lid or the tail of your brow. You can customize this part to how you like your wing to lay. Take your liner and draw a simple straight line along the inside edge of the tape. Again, however long or short you want. Next, connect that line to the inner corner of your eye as you could for regular eyeliner. Slowly peel off the tape and WAM winged liner that is super sharp.
*I find this tip works best with liquid liner
- Don’t rub your eyes!
- If you’re like me and your eyes water all the time then this is going to be hard! Rubbing or itching your eyes is 100% the best way to mess up any or all of your eyeliner. So, please try to refrain! Look silly and fan your eyes for a couple of seconds instead or blink furiously; whatever works, just don’t rub them!
I hope these quick little tips help your eyeliner become fiercer than ever! If you have any other eyeliner tips or tricks that have worked for you, leave them in the comments! I’m super curious to know! May your eyeliner always be sharp and opaque.